INTEGRATING GOD’S WORD INTO MY LIFE
40 Days In The Word – Part 6
March 24, 2013
“What I want most of all and at all times is to honor your laws.” Psalm 119:20 (CEV)
how to integrate god’s word into my life
(Using My Memorized Verses)
1. I must build on it.
“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine, and puts them into practice, is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24
2. I must feed on it.
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.” Colossians 3:16
1. Receive it with my ears (listen)
2. Read it with my eyes
3. Research it with my hands & mouth (study)
4. Reflect on it with my mind
5. Remember it with my heart
3. I must live by it.
“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11
4. I must grow through it.
“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” Psalm 119:18
PARABLE OF THE SOILS (Luke 8:4-15)
1. The hardened soil = a closed mind
2. The shallow soil = a superficial mind
3. The weedy soil = a preoccupied mind
4. The good soil = a willing mind
5. I must act on it.
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22
Picture it! Visualize the scene in your mind
Pronounce it! Emphasize each word aloud
Paraphrase it! Write it down in your own words
Personalize it! Put your name in the verse
Probe it! Ask the S.P.A.C.E.P.E.T.S. questions
Pray it! Pray the verse back to God
6. I must trust in it.
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
1. Commit to stay in your Small Group Study
2. Commit to stay in the Word daily.3. Have a party!